You can certainly prepare for the SAT as long as you understand your strengths and weaknesses on macro and micro scales. If you have already taken the SAT, you know your macro performance (what is your strength and weakness in general terms). If you have not taken the SAT officially, you should a full test from the Official SAT Guide under timed, test-like conditions and calculate your score. Next you should consider your GPA, any other strengths (sports, academics, etc.) and the colleges you are considering to set your score goals.
Before you can chart your path and make a plan for raising your SAT or ACT scores to desired levels, you must analyze and establish the following:
- What is the reason for your less than desirable SAT scores (whatever they are) at micro scale. You will have to answer questions such as "Why did I skip so many questions?", "Why did I get so many wrong answers?", "Why did I skip so many question?", etc.
- How is vocabulary and is it affecting your scores?
- How is your writing score? Is it low because you consistently fail to identify and correct erroneous word usage, sentence structure, etc.
- Is your reading score low because you are unable to critically analyze a passage, or is it low because, your reading speed is too slow, or is score low because you narrow down to two similar sounding choices and select the wrong one?
- Is your math score low because you just can't solve problems, or because you take too long to solve problems? Or, is your math score low because you often guess wrong answers choice as your answer?
Different weaknesses require different strategies. Whatever the reasons for your low scores, you will need to deploy proper strategies use suitable techniques to overcome them. If you are able to develop adequate strategies to overcome your weaknesses, you will reach your goals of improving your SAT/ACT scores..
If at anytime you fee that you are putting a lot of effort but you are not going anywhere, or you feel otherwise overwhelmed, please contact us and we will immediately put over 20 years of our experience to help you reach your goals in an efficient manner. #SAT #SATprep